The international dimension of education is important in Cyprus where international students receive a quality education in a safe, friendly environment at an affordable cost. Cyprus can offer Higher Education of high quality standards for Egyptian passport holders and is able to facilitate students with the necessary knowledge and skills to work in a contemporary global marketplace. Pleasant Mediterranean climate and picturesque sandy beaches can only add to this once-in-a-lifetime experience of being a student in Cyprus. The number of students in Cyprus is increasing rapidly over the last ten years.
Every applicant from Egypt who are intending to study in Cyprus must have completed a secondary level education or the equivalent of twelve years of schooling to get admission in the universities of Cyprus for undergraduate level or Bachelors level. Similarly, the students must have to complete the undergraduate level education or Bachelors Level Education to get admission for the post graduate level.
Nationals of any country coming to Cyprus for studies must receive student’s permit through the Migration Officer, prior to arrival.
The visa process time for Cyprus may be up to 1 month. Therefore, students are requested to apply 2-3 months prior to the date of enrollment for study.
- Complete M61 form;
- Passport photocopy with at least 1 year validity;
- Bank Letter of Guarantee;
- Bank Statement of Account (account with minimum amount of EUR 1000, and activity of the account for the last 6 months);
- Copy of previous visa (if extending);
- Copy of High School Leaving Certificate and Grade report/marksheet;
- Confirmation Letter from the University/College;
- Health Insurance (Can be international health insurance if the applicant already has one or it can be made in Cyprus. The average cost is €175. It can be made in 1 day;
- Blood Test (for Syphilis, Hepatitis B & C and AIDS) and chest X-ray for Tuberculosis;
- Copy of Housing Contract (certified by the Mukhtar);
- 4 Passport sized photographs;
- Certificate of Good conduct from police department in Applicant’s home country or country of residence issued not before 6 months;
- Copy of Parent’s visa and their Bank Statement of Financial Support;
- Visa Processing Fee.