Temporary Residency Permit (Pink Slip) for Egyptians
F.M.B VIP Immigration Services offer comprehensive consultancy on how to obtain a Temporary Residency permit in Cyprus, in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner. Due to the complex procedure involved in obtaining a permit it is highly advised that a professional consultancy firm assists you on a step by step basis. Our specialist are experienced in advising individuals and their family members on how to obtain the Pink Slip in Cyprus.
Cyprus temporary residence permit, the so-called Pink Slip, allows Non-European Union passport holders to extend their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). It will also enable tourists and visitors to extend their stay no matter what was the duration of their initial visa. They should apply before their current visa expires.
Pink Slip in Cyprus is valid for 1 year and can be renewed on an annual basis. Under this permit, a person from Egypt is allowed to live in Cyprus as a visitor (without the right to work). Also, his family members, spouse, and children (under 18 years old), can get the pink slip as dependents. The whole family applies at the same time; each family member files a separate application form and gets his temporary residence card.
Pink Slip restrictions
- Cannot stay out of Cyprus for more than three months continuously as the permit would be cancelled automatically;
- No right to work in Cyprus;
- Is granted only to non-EU Nationals who wish to extend their stay in Cyprus;
- Valid for one year, can be renewed annually.
How to obtain a Cyprus Pink Slip for Egyptian citizens:
In order to be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant mainly needs to show:
- adequate income from abroad to cover living expenses while residing in Cyprus (estimated about €15,000 – €20,000 for a three-member family);
- Rented house or apartment.
Application processing time:
- Cyprus Residence Permit Card is obtained within about 3 months;
- Once applied allowed to stay until the temporary residence permit card is issued.
- First time registration: €140 for each family member (payable only the first time of application).
- Application for renewal: €70 for each family member.
- Application form for a temporary residence permit in Cyprus as visitor MVIS3 duly completed. One for each family member;
- Rental agreement or sale agreement of a house/apartment. The rental agreement needs to be for a 1 year minimum (Rental Agreement and its copy certified by Muhtar or certifying officer & stamped at tax office);
- Bank statement & proof of transfer from abroad. Deposit/Transfer €15.000 in a Bank account in Cyprus which should be transferred from abroad. If brought in cash needs to be declared in the airport on arrival and get the confirmation document. If bank transfer, one needs swift or confirmation from the bank in Cyprus that this amount was transferred from abroad;
- Bank guarantee. Set up a bank guarantee in a Cyprus bank, one for each family member. The amount depends on nationality: Eastern Europe countries, Russians = €550; Middle East countries = €350; Asian / American countries = €850. Processing time for the bank to issue the bank guarantees is 1-2 days;
- Health insurance. It can be international health insurance if the applicant already has one or it can be made in Cyprus. The average cost is €175 for each person. It can be made in 1 day;
- Documents to prove income from abroad. It can be any stable income, i.e. employment, bank deposits, pension etc. This income should enable the temporary residence holder to cover his living expenses in Cyprus. Annual income estimates: €10,000 for a single applicant; €15,000 for a couple; €20,000 for couple & 1 child.
- Passport copy;
- Marriage Certificate duly certified and translated *(If applicable);
- Children Birth Certificates duly certified and translated *(If applicable).
The documents with (*) require to be translated in English or Greek and bear the «APOSTILLE» stamp. OR be certified by the Ministry of foreign affairs of the country that will issue them and by the Cyprus Embassy of that Country.
F.M.B VIP Immigration Services offer comprehensive consultancy for Egyptian passport holders on how to obtain a Temporary Residency permit in Cyprus, in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner. Due to the complex procedure involved in obtaining a permit it is highly advised that a professional consultancy firm assists you on a step by step basis. Our specialists are experienced in advising individuals and their family members on how to obtain the Pink Slip in Cyprus.
Non-EU nationals have the option of staying in Cyprus, as visitors, for over 3 months period provided that they have successfully applied for such permit at the Civil Registry and Migration Department of Cyprus.
In order for you to be entitled to such a temporary residence visit, you need to fall into one of the following categories:
- You are a non-EU citizen who have been married to a Cypriot/EU citizen and you now intent to live in Cyprus;
- You are a non-EU citizen, parent in law of a Cypriot/EU citizen who live in Cyprus, and you now intent to live in Cyprus for family reunification;
- You are an underage child (younger than 18 years old) of a non-EU citizen married with a Cypriot/EU citizen living in Cyprus, and you now intent to live in Cyprus for family reunification;
- You are a non-EU citizen who wish to live in Cyprus for more than 3 months (i.e. to extend your VISA) considering that you have sufficient income for your living expenses (income must be coming from abroad).
Temporary Residence Permit may be extended for an unlimited number of times. To accomplish this, one should submit documents for extension one month prior to the expiration of the current Residence Permit validity. Your application may be considered for 1-3 months. Over this period you will be staying in the country on a legal basis. If for some reason or other you have to leave the country after expiration of current Residence Permit validity but before obtaining a new one you will have to obtain a single visa or to use a multiple visa obtained earlier to be able to enter Cyprus again.
Temporary residence permit has two drawbacks as compared to permanent one:
- Firstly it should be extended on a yearly basis (the application procedure can be assisted by a F.M.B lawyer);
- Secondly you cannot be absent from Cyprus for over three months. In case you leave the country and do not return (do not cross the border) within three months time then your Pink Slip becomes invalid. Subsequently you will have to enter the country on a visa and then to apply for a new Pink Slip all over again.
In order to obtain Cyprus Pink Slip, one should submit the following documents to the Immigration Office:
- Passport Copy;
- Property documents (Purchase Contract, Ownership Certificate or Rental agreement);
- Abstract of account at a Cyprus Bank showing transactions and current balance of cash assets. Transactions will show that your source of income is abroad while expenditures of money are made within the area of Cyprus. As to your account balance it is desirable to amount to approximately €15.000 per adult family member and €10.000 per minor (under 18) family member. Such balance shall be only at the time of bank statement. Subsequently you can dispose of that money at your discretion;
- Income statement;
- Bank guarantee for at least 1 year;
- Marriage Certificate (duly certified and translated);
- Children Birth Certificate (duly certified and translated);
- Certificate from school stating that a child attends it for school-age children (if it is so);
- Medical insurance.
Our specialized team of immigration lawyers and consultants will assist you on successfully applying for Temporary Residence Permit in Cyprus. We will ensure that the relevant filing forms are well completed and that you are represented by our firm on every step of the process. We shall further let you know in advance what might be needed or necessary for your successful outcome.